my collecting vintage tins

my collecting
I have to accumulated of vintage tins from flea market over the past years. I like the old decorative biscuit tins in different shapes and sizes..My vintage tin is what started my collection, biscuit tin from the peak frean &co Company .The vintage tin I loved it was a commemorative tin of Queen Elizabeth It's coronation. It was in real good condition .Here are some of the tins in my collection.

vintage tins

vintage tins
Here are some of the tins in my collection.

vintage tins

vintage tins
Here are some of the tins in my collection

Friday, 27 March 2009

vintage biscuit tin Peek frean & co.




*************************************************************************************


vintage biscuit tin .........................Peek frean & co.

child and dog, 1950s

Peek Frean's biscuit tin

with picture of child and dog, 1950s
A round biscuit tin (empty) by Peek, Frean & Co. Ltd,

measuring approximately 20cm (7.85in) in diameter and 7.1cm (2.8in) deep, with a picture of a boy in old-fashioned costume holding a dog, the border and sides in a dark blue and gold design reminiscent of Oriental porcelain. Although the Royal Warrant printed on the base of the tin

("By appointment to the late King George VI")

dates the tin to the 1950s, its design and condition make it appear much older. There is considerable age wear including fading and discoloration, marking and scratching to the printed surface, some corrosion to the lid and slight rust to the interior.


vintage biscuit tin .........................Peek frean & co
.

the brother

Peek Frean & Co. "The Brothers" Collectible Tin
This tin is an authentic high-quality tin collectible, manufactured by Peek Frean's!It has been used, but is still in good VINTAGE condition.The tin is square and features a painted photo of two brothers on the front cover, with a donkey / horse. There is a caption underneath the photo, that reads:

" The Sons of W.H. Pattisson ESQ., after Sir Thomas Lawrence P.R.A."

Peek Frean & Co. Collectible Tin. Measurements:8 1/2" x 10.The hinges that open and close the lid are still in excellent working condition. The sides of the tin have a beautiful VINTAGE floral motif in red, cream and gold.The back still has the original Peek Frean's paper label affixed to it, however it is peeling up and some small sections are missing . The interior is a little rusted / tarnished from age and may need to be lightly cleaned.There are a few surface scratches ....
vintage biscuit tin .........................Peek frean & co.

Celebrating 100 years 1857-1957

PEEK FREEN &CO BISCUIT TIN

Celebrating 100 years 1857-1957

Peek, Frean & Co., Ltd. biscuit tin with some rusting and scratching. Celebrating 100 years (1857-1957).

VINTAGE PEEK FREAN'S BUICUIT TIN 1857-1957.Marked on the top-By appointment to her majesty the Queen biscuit manufacturers,peek,frean &co.,ltd.

Marked on the sides-23 Royal appointments.33 prize medals ......


vintage biscuit tin .........................Peek frean & co.

*******************************************************************

15 comments:

  1. thank you ! for visit my blog .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tin exactly like The Brothers, do you know what the value of tin is. It is in very good vintage condition. I'd appreciate knowing.
    Your collection is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Master Simpson" --is the boy in red with the dog on the tin by Artist - A. W. Devis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Child & dog tin pictured and described above. Do you have any idea what that might be worth in good condition? It was in a box of items left to me by my grandmother. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how mush does a tin with picture of child with bunny sell for. iam taking it to an antique dealer and i want to know if the price they offer me is fair. thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I have a tin that sounds very similar to yours. Does the child have a hat on, a white ruffled shirt and yellow trousers? Did you find out what the tin is worth?

      Delete
  6. i have the exact same tin with the picture of the girl/boy with the puppy an in awesome condition,would you know the value of this tin?? i would like to know before i bring it to an antique dealer..Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Peak, Frean & Co. tin with a nativity scene on it. It's in good condition but I wanted to know how old it was and if it was worth much. I remember my Nan having it for at least 30 years but think it may be older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a octagon shaped tin that belonged to my Grandmother. Just curious as to what year it was manufactured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found a tin from Peek,Frean & Co and would like to find out more about it. age, value, etc. how would I go about that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I FOUND A TEIN WITH ASIAN STYLE AND 2 BIRDS, IT SAY BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN BISCUIT MANUFACTURES. IS IT WORTH ANYTHING?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I HAVE A BOX THE GIRL HAVE A CAT
    DETAIL JEAN BAPTISTE PERRONNEAU 1745
    WHAT DO YOU THING

    ReplyDelete
  12. I HAVE A BOX THE GIRL HAVE A CAT
    DETAIL JEAN BAPTISTE PERRONNEAU 1745
    WHAT DO YOU THING

    thanx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have the Poseidon tin and would love to know the age..I have searched and found someone guessing 50s...is that correct? Thanks for any info..this is my first Peek find! :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete